Murphy’s Laws of Camping: Funny Camping Lessons
I’m sure you can relate to some of these common situations. You gotta love camping! Read some of these camping lessons and laugh off the bitter sweet misery that camping always seems to entail. Here are some more of the Murphy’s Laws of Camping I’ve found.
Murphy’s Laws of Camping:
- The need to urinate at night increases in direct relation to the hour past midnight, layers of clothing worn, occupants in your tent, and inches of rain since sunset. Curiously, it increases in ‘inverse’ relation to the outside temperature.
- Rocks and sticks rise above dirt when irritated by tent flooring fabric.
- Feet expand when removed from hiking boots. The same law applies to tents and tent bags, clothing and backpacks, and sleeping bags and stuff sacks.
- Backpack strap widths decreaseReplica Cartier Watches
with the distance hiked. To compensate, the weight of the backpack increases.
- Average local temperature increases with the amount of clothing packed.
- Tent stakes come only in the quantity ‘N-1′ where N is the number of stakes necessary to stake down a tent.
- Fuel in sealed bottles spontaneously evaporates.
- Fuel in stove reservoirs evaporates 10x as fast as fuel in sealed bottles.
- All available humidity and moisture will congregate on match heads.
- If no match heads are in the vicinity, all moisture will congregate inside waterproof clothing.
- The one new tent on the trip that leaks will be yours.
- The side of the tent that leaks will be your side.
- All food assumes a common taste and color when freeze-dried.
- Divide the number of servings by two when reading the directions for reconstituting anything freeze-dried.
- When reading the instructions of a pump-activated water filter, ‘hour’ should be substituted for ‘minute’ when reading the average quarts filtered per minute.
- A backpack’s weight load migrates up and back the longer it is in motion.
- All tree branches in a forest grow outward from their respective trunks at exactly the height of your nose. If you are male, tree branches will also grow at groin height.
- Rain happens.
- Waterproof clothing isn’t. (However, it is 100% effective at containing sweat).
- Non-stick pans aren’t.
- Waterproof matches aren’t.
- One size fits all don’t.
- Anything bug-proof isn’t.
- A backpack’s weight is not affected by the amount of food eaten out of it.
- The minimum temperature rating for any sleeping bag raises as the external temperature lowers.
- Ropes holding bear bags stretch.
- The loudness of an animal at night grows as the size of the animal shrinks.
- The sun sets 47% faster than normal when setting up camp. It sets another 28% faster if rain is eminent.
- Of a 25% chance of rain, 100% will fall in your campsite.
- When hiking, you take half as many downhill steps as uphill.
- 95% of a backpack’s contents could have been left at home.The 5% left at home will be needed.
- The memory of misery approaches zero as the memory of joy approaches infinity.
So, there you have it. Those are some of the Murphy’s Laws of Camping. If you liked those you will want to read Funny Camping Lessons: Murphy’s Laws of Camping. We also have more Funny Camping Jokes. Go on and have a look, you know it’ll be more fun reading these than doing something you should actually be doing.
If you enjoyed reading this then you might enjoy reading our other articles on the site. Sign up to our newsletter on the right hand side of the screen to receive all the latest and greatest on camping and the outdoors. We promise we will not share your details or bombard your e-mail inbox.
(The CampTrip Team)